Friday, February 12, 2010

God is good!

You can ask my husband....sometimes I just plain don't feel good. I am definitely one of the lucky ones: I didn't have horrible morning sickness, no horror stories of an experience, general pretty easy sailing so far. However, I do have days where I just plain don't feel good. I have been very very sleepy a lot of the time, I started to get lower back pain very early into the pregnancy and sometimes my hormones are sooo all over the place that I just don't know who I am.

When you go to these doctors appointments you are sometimes manhandeled. :-) You go in, you lay on a table and just wait. Once you wait what seems like forever, they lift your shirt up and push your pants down a little and squirt this gooey cold gel all over your stomach. Oh and this is after going to get tubes of blood drawn from your arm after every appointment. You would sometimes thing, man this sucks!

But as we sat our last appointment this past Tuesday I had such a different feeling. I went through all the same motions (except this doctor heats her gel for you :-)), laid down got the gel squirted on me and waited. She proceeded to start the ultrasound and there pops up our little girl. Squirming around just like daddy, but being stubborn just like mommy and not wanting to show the doctor what she wants to see. :-) She wanted to do it on her own terms. :-)

As I laid there on the bed and watched her on that screen, my eyes filled up with tears. Not because we were seeing her on the screen or because the doctor had just confirmed that she was in fact a girl. But because I felt soooo beyond blessed at that point. Sooooo many people go through sooo many hardships and bad times and bad news during pregnancy, some of them very close friends of ours, and to be able to sit there and hear from your doctor that the baby you are carrying is advancing perfectly....is like music to my ears. I felt so blessed to be able to watch our perfect little baby squirming around inside me. At that moment, nothing mattered....not the back pain, not the sleepiness, not the fact that i had to pee so badly I thought I would pee on that bed, not the nasty gel all over my stomach. All that mattered at the moment were the doctors words saying that everything looked perfect.

So make an effort today to thank God for giving us what we have. So many people don't get to say the things we say.

Thank you God for giving us a perfectly growing baby. :-)

Until next time,
-Me

P.S. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! From the Murphy 3 :-)

No comments: