Thursday, January 21, 2010

The life of a 16 week embryo

For those of you who haven't been fortunate enough (or haven't heard all about it) to experience the past 16 weeks of life with us :-) Here is a little recap :-):

We are officially 16 weeks pregnant. We were able to have an ultrasound at 6 weeks, which doesn't usually happen, but we were so excited when we saw that little heartbeat on the screen. I guess I would say that I was one of the lucky ones and I didn't really get the bad of morning sickness. I didn't need any special medication or anything like that. I would say that I had a steady feeling of nauciousness all day long...which I don't know what's worse...vomiting all day or feeling like you can't all day. My worst day of the whole 1st trimester was Thanksgiving day. Figures! I would say that the 2 weeks after that were the only really bad weeks I had. I was a lucky one.

At 12 weeks we were able to get another ultrasound which is the one below. We were amazed to see how developed she was at just 12 weeks. That pretty much ended the 1st trimester.

And well, 4 weeks later I am feeling great. No mood swings AT ALL. :-) Shhh...don't tell my husband I said that. :-) LOL! But I really am feeling great. We are all giddy and excited. We are waiting for me to get out of the uncomfortable stage right now of just looking "chubby" and into the stage where people I don't know can obviously tell I'm pregnant. David says he can totally tell...but well what are husbands of a pregnant woman for. :-) I know that people can't tell. But we are enjoying every second of it so far.

We go in for a couple more appointments the first week of February including the "BIG" appointment where they will confirm the sex of the baby for us. :-)

Keep you guys updated! :-)
Until next time,
-Me

No comments: